FAFSA Financial Aid School Codes
The school code for the West Hills College Coalinga is 001176.
The school code for the West Hills College Lemoore is 041113
If you run into any trouble when completing the online FAFSA you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID.
If you require further assistance you can come into any of our financial aid offices and receive additional help.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Box 1 – Payments . This box will be blank. There are two methods for schools to report fees. One method is to report the payments made by students during the tax year, and the other method is to report amounts billed during the tax year. The method of reporting selected by West Hills College will be to report only the amounts billed during the tax year. Box 2 – Amounts Billed . This box will contain any amounts billed during the tax year. Box 3 – Adjustments for a Prior Year. This box will contain any billing adjustments for the prior tax year, made in the current tax year. (e.g. billing adjustments posted in 2015 for 2014 semesters.) Box 4 – Scholarships or Grants. This box will contain amounts posted to student accounts from Financial Aid grants, e.g. PELL, SEOG, Cal Grants, EOPS Grants, Scholarships, Sponsorships, etc. in the tax year. Student loans are not included. Box 5 – Adjustments to Scholarships or Grants for a Prior Year. This box will contain the amounts of any adjustments posted in the reporting tax year for financial aid grants in the prior tax year. (e.g. grants posted in 2015 for 2014.) Box 6 – Checkbox for Amounts for an Academic Period Beginning in January through March 2016. This box will be checked if the invoices selected for Box 2 are for terms beginning during the first three months of the next tax year. Box 7 – Reimbursements or Refunds Under an Insurance Contract. This box will be blank and is not currently used. Box 8 – Check if at Least Half-Time Student. This box will have a check mark if the student was enrolled in six or more units in Spring 2015, Summer 2015, or Fall 2015. Box 9 – Check if a Graduate Student. This box will have a check mark if the student has a Bachelor's Degree.
- No. The 1098-T form is for your information only. The 1098-T information is submitted by West Hills College directly to the Internal Revenue Service. Information contained on the 1098-T form will be used by the IRS to determine if you qualified for an educational tax credit on your income tax return.
- A 1098-T form is an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form provided to students who either registered for classes or had a re-portable transaction during the tax year. Re-portable transactions include the billing for any qualified tuition and fees a student must pay in order to be enrolled, scholarships, sponsorship's, and financial aid transactions. See "Why Form 1098-T is important to you?"
- At West Hills College, qualifying fees include enrollment fees, material fees, non-resident tuition and capital outlay fees may qualify for the tax credit.
- Did you enroll for the Spring 2016 semester? If so, you probably received a 1098-T form because you registered prior to January 2016. Did you attend in 2014? If so, you may have received some type of adjustment in 2015 which would generate a 1098-T form.
- No, you do not need to make an appointment to see a Financial Aid Technician. It is important that you allow reasonable amount of time when meeting with a Financial Aid Technician so that we may carefully review your documents to avoid delays in processing. Our office hours are currently Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00am — 5:00pm, and Thursday 10:00am — 5:00pm.
- If you filled out and submitted an application with an incorrect Social Security Number (SSN), and/or have transposed your first and last name, please contact your Financial Aid Office for further assistance.
- To apply for an FSA ID, please visit www.fsaid.ed.gov. Click on "Create an FSA ID" tab. You will be asked to provide your name, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, and 5 challenge questions and answers. Also, you will need to provide your email address, create a unique username, and create a password. You will use this username, email address, and password to log in to your FSA ID. Save that information in your cell phone or on a card to keep in your wallet for future reference. You will be using your FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA, or other Federal Financial Aid websites.
- Yes, you can use FAFSA on the web to calculate your estimated EFC. The estimated EFC will show up on the confirmation page when you have completed and submitted the FAFSA application. Once you have printed the confirmation page you may take it into the financial aid office so they may better assist you. An official EFC will be calculated at the Central Processing System (CPS) once all required signatures are received.